The University of Mindanao and Ateneo de Davao University emerged as the top performers among the accounting schools (with more than 50 examinees) in the city, with 70.59% and 65.73% passing rates respectively. This is based on the CPA Licensure Examination Results released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) in October 2012.
Here’s the complete list of schools in Davao City that offer accounting courses with their respective passing rates in October 2012 (in alphabetical order):
- Ateneo de Davao University (65.73%)
- Christian Colleges of Southeast Asia (not listed in the results)
- Holy Cross of Davao College (35.21%)
- Jose Maria College (o%)
- Philippine College of Technology (not listed in the results)
- Rizal Memorial Colleges (100%)
- University of Mindanao (70.59%)
- University of the Immaculate Concepcion (66.67%)
More details of the Accounting Board Exam Results (in figures):
OCTOBER 2012 CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT LICENSURE EXAMINATION
PERFORMANCE OF DAVAO-BASED ACCOUNTING SCHOOLS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
[click image to enlarge]
Other important data to note:
- Ateneo had the biggest number of examinees (with a total of 143 – first timers and repeaters combined) in the recently concluded exam.
- University of Mindanao got the highest passing rate for first time takers (among schools with above 50 examinees).
- RMC got 100% passing rate for its sole repeater examinee (the school had no first time takers)
- Ateneo got the highest passing rate for repeaters – 44.44%
- UIC got 88.89% passing rate – 8 out of 9 first time takers passed the exam; however, it got 0% for repeaters – no one passed among its three repeaters.